Run a Model
To setup and run a model:
- click "New Model" at the top of the page
- select the desired model from the list of available models, and click "Begin"
- enter the appropriate data on each page and go to the following page by clicking on the "Next" button
- when all the necessary parameters are entered you will either see a "Run Model" button which, if clicked, will run the model or you'll see a page with model output options. In this case clicking any of the output options will run the model and then display the selected output
- after running the model, you may view any of the available results by using the links on the left.
Alternatively, registered users use previously saved models as a starting point for developing new models.
To do so, click on "Saved Models" and select the saved model on which you wish to base your new model.
(This option is only available if you are logged in;
see also "Save a Model" below").
Save a Model
To save a model for subsequent visits to the site requires that you create an
account and login to the site. You may use the site without having an account,
however you will not be able to save your models. Results from any model that is run
without logging in AND saving will NOT be available after you leave the site.
You may save the current model you're working on at any point by entering a model name
in the box at the top of the page and then clicking the "Save" link. Once a model is saved
any changes you make to the model are automatically saved once you leave the page.
Once a model is saved you will have the option of saving it under a different name.
This enables you to easily run multiple variations of a single model without having to
enter the bulk of the data over again. At any time you may view
saved models by clicking the "Saved Models" link at the top of the page.
On the Saved Models page, you may review saved models by clicking on the model
name, or delete saved models by clicking "Delete" to the right of the model
name. You will be asked to verify the deletion of any models. A box will appear at the
top of the page with some basic model statistics. It will have two links, "Delete"
and "Cancel". You should click the appropriate one.